The Early Detection Monitoring Service (EDMS) proactively monitors ARGO solutions in a production environment to predict and reduce potential outages. While other systems monitor the stability and reliability of portions of the environment in isolation, including hardware, database, or device, EDMS provides a comprehensive real-time evaluation of how well the ARGO application is performing in its interaction with each portion of the operating environment. ARGO experts understand the application’s capabilities and how it performs in environments comparable to your own.
This support service uses more than 250 key operational and performance indicators to identify when production problems occur or when trends indicate a production issue is likely to impact mission-critical operations. Because ARGO has immediate access to diagnostic information, EDMS significantly reduces resolution time and improves the operational reliability and performance of ARGO application solutions.
As a subscription service, ARGO’s EDMS experts become an extension of your ARGO application technical support team. This team:
- Performs continuous monitoring on an hourly basis throughout the business day. After hours, ARGO professionals receive electronic alerts of high-severity incidents, prompting a series of appropriate actions to resolve issues.
- Watches leading indicators to uncover potential risks surrounding thresholds and capacity, hardware and equipment device problems, and operating procedures.
- Detects third-party outages as an indication of potential problems by monitoring requests and responses in external connections to credit bureaus, aggregators, image recognition engines, and other third-party interfaces. If an issue is detected, the team conducts a series of processes to determine the scope and root cause of the potential outage.
- Checks the output quality of devices to ensure they are working properly. For example, EDMS evaluates the quality of images produced by scanners and reports which devices are not meeting minimum quality standards. Team members search for an interface, software, mechanical, or maintenance problem with specific devices and repair the device before it creates an operating issue.
- Produces written reports containing the health, trends, statistics, and new and outstanding issues detected from production server applications. Reports compare operational performance to best-practice benchmarks.
EDMS conducts continuous monitoring and periodic trend analysis for ARGO applications to ensure time-dependent procedures, appropriate execution of tasks, and externally connected resources including credit bureaus and third-party aggregators are online. EDMS maximizes your investment in ARGO applications by:
- Increasing operational uptime with rapid response to outages. When an outage occurs, EDMS reduces the conventional time period from 5.5-hours to minutes for detecting an issue, notifying the help desk, analyzing data, determining the root cause, and restoring normal operations. EDMS alerts ARGO’s highly trained experts to a production issue, so they can immediately begin proactive evaluation to solve the problem, often before you receive degrading service or outage information from your end users. The number of outages experienced by customers without the EDMS service is 64 percent higher than comparable customers who made the investment in EDMS.
- Preventing outages and performance bottlenecks through trend analysis of predictive data on the application’s performance. EDMS tracks performance against thresholds, capacity, utilization, and flow rates to evaluate peaks, suspect transactions, and process, version, and connectivity anomalies. The use of periodic trend analysis identifies bottlenecks and predicts potential outages, so you can take proactive steps to resolve the issue before it has a negative impact on operations.
- Delivering reporting and management insight, using key performance and operational metrics. The ARGO team performs aggregation, trend analysis, and peer comparative data to report on historical operations. They also help ensure capacity, performance, availability, and throughput are optimized for ongoing operational reliability of the production environment. Your organization can use this information to support hardware and network planning, device replacement strategies, and software maintenance. In addition, you can evaluate these metrics, finding ways to improve processes and enhance performance.