The Early Detection Monitoring Service (EDMS) proactively monitors ARGO solutions in a production environment to predict and reduce potential outages. While other systems monitor the stability and reliability of portions of the environment in isolation, including hardware, database, or device, EDMS makes a comprehensive real-time evaluation of how well the ARGO application is performing in its interaction with each portion of the operating environment. ARGO experts understand the application’s capability and how it performs in environments comparable to your own.
This support service uses predictive operational indicators to identify when production problems occur or when trends indicate a production issue is likely to impact mission-critical operations. Since ARGO also has immediate access to diagnostic information, EDMS significantly reduces resolution time and improves the operational reliability and performance of crucial applications.
As a subscription service, ARGO’s EDMS experts become an extension of your ARGO application technical support team. The EDMS team will:
- Perform continuous monitoring on an hourly basis throughout the business day. After hours, ARGO professionals receive electronic alerts of high-severity incidents that prompt a series of appropriate actions to resolve the issue.
- Watch leading indicators to uncover potential risks surrounding thresholds and capacity, hardware and equipment device problems, and operating procedures.
- Detect third-party outages as an indication of potential problems by listening for silence in external connections to credit bureaus, aggregators, image recognition engines, and other third-party interfaces. Once silence is identified, the team conducts a series of processes to determine the scope and root cause of the outage.
- Check the output quality of devices to ensure they are working properly. For example, EDMS evaluates the quality of images produced by scanners and reports which devices are not meeting minimum quality standards. Operators investigate for an interface, software, mechanical, or maintenance problem with specific devices and repair the device before it creates an operating issue.
- Produce written reports containing the health, trends, statistics, and new and outstanding issues detected from production server applications. Reports compare operational performance to best-practice benchmarks.
EDMS conducts continuous monitoring and periodic trend analysis for ARGO applications to ensure time-dependent procedures, appropriate execution of tasks, and externally connected resources including credit bureaus and third-party aggregators are online. EDMS maximizes your investment in ARGO applications by:
- Increasing operational uptime with rapid response to outages. When an outage occurs, EDMS reduces the conventional time period from 5-hours to minutes for detecting an issue, notifying the help desk, analyzing data, determining root cause, and resolving the issue. EDMS alerts ARGO’s highly trained experts to a production issue so they immediately begin proactive evaluation to solve the problem, often before our customers receive degrading service or outage information from end users. The number of outages experienced by customers without the EDMS service is 43 percent higher than comparable customers who made the investment in EDMS.
- Preventing outages and performance bottlenecks through trend analysis of predictive data on the application’s performance. EDMS tracks performance against thresholds, capacity, utilization, and flow rates to evaluate peaks, suspect transactions, and process, version, and connectivity anomalies. The use of periodic trend analysis identifies bottlenecks and predicts potential outages, so customers will take proactive steps to resolve the issue before it has a negative impact on operations.