ARGO executes project implementations with a proven methodology designed to consistently deliver stable, reliable software solutions. A key to the methodology is ARGO’s incorporation of a well-defined quality testing process into each project implementation.
ARGO recognizes that the cost to correct a defect goes up exponentially as the software development life cycle moves downstream into a project. When a defect is discovered in production, the cost rises upwards of 150 times what it would be to correct in the requirements phase. The closer a defect is found to its origination point and resolved, the less costly it is to correct. ARGO’s Quality Testing services support evaluation early and at every phase of the project to identify and correct problems before they manifest downstream.
Quality Testing Methodology
ARGO’s quality methodology is built on the five pillars of people, process, performance, reviews, and testing. Ensuring these pillars are utilized throughout the entire implementation life cycle leads to the delivery of high-quality customized solutions. Staffing implementation projects with skilled quality specialists, who are engaged, focused, and accountable ensures that all work products are properly created and delivered. Instituting processes based on best practices facilitates the execution of the activities and tasks required to develop a quality customized solution. Application development and systems integration deliver a solution built with a performance focus to ensure a high level of system reliability and stability in production. Reviews and testing of the interim and final deliverables measure the quality against the requirements and standards. Together, these five pillars support ARGO’s quality strategies, processes, methodologies, and tools.
ARGO provides a core set of Quality Testing services along with each implementation project, with additional services available based on project needs. Quality Testing service offerings include the definition and enforcement of quality processes and standards, providing test plans and testing execution, and augmenting acceptance testing with services for planning, preparation, and test execution. ARGO offers the following quality services.
Quality Testing Training
ARGO provides training classes to support your test team in preparation for the testing stage of the implementation project. Training allows an in-depth knowledge transfer on various subjects for testers to successfully complete the evaluation and acceptance of the customized solution. Our team uses both classroom-based and hands-on classes to deliver ARGO training:
- Application Solution Training provides testers with the knowledge needed to understand solution functionality and includes process flows, error handling, user authorization, and user interface (UI) behavior.
- Writing Custom Test Cases enables testers to utilize the template application use cases and test cases, overlaying any customization to create updated and new test cases.
- Testing and Diagnostic Tool Utilization enables testers to use ARGO-provided diagnostic tools, such as log and trace files, allowing testers to analyze and evaluate test execution results beyond what is seen on the UI. Training includes how to use and incorporate industry standard tools such as scripting, test management, and load generation tools into the testing process.
- Issue Tracking and Resolution Process Training is based on best practices and years of industry experience. Training facilitates the communication, management, and resolution of the issues identified during acceptance testing.
Test Case Development
Part of the preparation for test execution involves test case development. Test cases organize and document the requirements that are fully evaluated during testing. ARGO’s test case management does the following:
- Encompasses full template application coverage.
- Begins with organizing test cases into categories such as business process flows and UI behavior.
In its most basic definition, test execution is the process of completing a specified set of test cases, and observing and documenting the results. The evaluation and validation of the customized solution, including the integration with other applications, is a highly complex process. Testing evaluates and validates ARGO components from various viewpoints. Functional and non-functional requirements are tested. The system is evaluated from the individual units of code to the end-to-end system. The system components that do not change are also tested to validate that they are not impacted.
Issue Tracking and Defect Management
Finding, documenting, and correcting issues are an integral part of testing. During the acceptance testing periods, issues found are reviewed, evaluated, and responded to as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Analysis and Reporting
A key element to any software development process is metrics. ARGO uses a standard set of metrics to evaluate the quality of your ARGO solution to better understand the trends during testing, and to determine the overall quality of the implementation project. The reporting metrics include both quality metrics to measure the quality of the software delivered in terms of open defects and tests passed, and testing metrics to measure the effectiveness of the testing process.