ARGO executes project implementations with a proven methodology designed to consistently deliver stable, reliable software solutions. A key to the methodology is ARGO’s incorporation of a well-defined quality testing process into each project implementation.
ARGO recognizes that the cost to correct a defect goes up exponentially as the software development life cycle moves downstream into a project. When a defect is discovered in production, the cost rises upwards of 150 times what it would be to correct in the requirements phase. The closer a defect is found to its origination point and resolved, the less costly it is to correct. ARGO Quality Testing services provide evaluation early and at every phase of the project to identify and correct problems before they manifest downstream.
Quality Testing Methodology
ARGO’s quality methodology is built on the five pillars of people, process, performance, reviews, and testing. Applying these pillars throughout the entire implementation life cycle leads to the delivery of high-quality customized solutions. Staffing implementation projects with skilled quality specialists, who are engaged, focused, and accountable helps ensure that all work products are properly created and delivered. Instituting processes based on best practices facilitates the execution of the activities and tasks required to develop a quality, customized solution. Application development and systems integration deliver a solution built with a performance focus and a high level of system reliability and stability in production. Reviews and testing of the interim and final deliverables measure the quality against the requirements and standards. Together, these five pillars support ARGO’s quality strategies, processes, methodologies, and tools.
ARGO provides a core set of Quality Testing services as part of each implementation project with additional services available based on project needs. Quality Testing service offerings include the definition and enforcement of quality processes and standards, test plans and testing execution, and acceptance testing with services for planning, preparation, and test execution.
Quality Testing Training
ARGO provides training classes to support your test team in preparation for the implementation testing stage. Training allows an in-depth knowledge transfer on various subjects for testers to successfully complete the evaluation and acceptance of the customized solution. Our team uses classroom-based and hands-on classes to deliver ARGO training:
- Application Solution Training provides testers with the knowledge needed to understand solution functionality. This training includes process flows, error handling, user authorization, and user interface (UI) behavior.
- Writing Custom Test Cases enables testers to utilize the template application use cases and test cases, overlaying any customization to create updated and new test cases.
- Testing and Diagnostic Tool Utilization enables testers to use ARGO-provided diagnostic tools, such as log and trace files, to analyze and evaluate test execution results beyond what is seen on the UI. Training includes how to use and incorporate industry standard tools such as scripting, test management, and load generation tools into the testing process.
- Issue Tracking and Resolution Process Training facilitates the communication, management, and resolution of the issues identified during acceptance testing. This training is based on best practices and years of industry experience.
Test Case Development
Part of the preparation for test execution involves test case development. Test cases organize and document the requirements that are fully evaluated during testing. ARGO’s test case management:
- Encompasses full template application coverage
- Begins with organizing test cases into categories such as business process flows and UI behavior
Test execution is the process of completing a specified set of test cases, and observing and documenting the results. The evaluation and validation of the customized solution, including the integration with other applications, is a highly complex process. Testing evaluates and validates ARGO components from different viewpoints. Functional and nonfunctional requirements are tested. The system is evaluated from the individual units of code to the end-to-end system. The system components that do not change are also tested to validate that they are not impacted.
Issue Tracking and Defect Management
Finding, documenting, and correcting issues are an integral part of testing. During the acceptance testing period, issues found are reviewed, evaluated, and responded to as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Analysis and Reporting
A key element to any software development process is metrics. ARGO uses a standard set of metrics to evaluate the quality of your ARGO solution, better understand the trends during testing, and determine the overall quality of the implementation.