ARGO customers require 99.999 percent system availability and guaranteed delivery of service in online and offline modes.
ARGO’s technology-based solutions give customers:
- Proven architecture for large-scale delivery through a highly secure, scalable, and reliable operating platform
- Fewer servers, consolidating systems for maximum utilization of hardware and computing resources
- High-volume processing with automatic load balancing and fail-over processing
ARGO architecture uses multithreading and multitasking to increase throughput with:
- Vertical scalability for increased processor speeds, memory, and number of processors
- Horizontal scalability to add commodity servers or cloud resources for increased capacity
- Certified support of virtualization technology with formalized partnerships including VMWare and Microsoft
ARGO solutions ensure accuracy, security, and guaranteed completion of transactions in the financial services and healthcare industries. ARGO solutions:
- Run on more than 400,000 desktop workstations
- Process more than 75 million daily monetary transactions
- Analyze more than 500 million check transactions annually for fraud with hundreds of millions of dollars in fraud avoidance
- Analyze and remove duplicates for more than 65 million patient records across multiple electronic health records
Interoperability and Security
ARGO software solutions run in complex, heterogeneous technology environments. To minimize risk and optimize solution capabilities, ARGO solutions simplify integration into these environments by supporting:
- Open standards for integration including SOAP, HTTPS, MQ, TCP/IP, XML, and ODBC
- Production and consumption of web services through standards such as WSDL, WS-*, and REST
- Integration technology including .NET, COM+, C/C++ DLLs, and OPOS
- Industry-standard relational database for OLTP and OLAP allows for replication and extract, transform, and load (ETL) for interoperability with enterprise data warehouse applications and downstream systems
To ensure data security, ARGO supports the following industry-standard security protocols:
- TLS, 256-bit DES/AES encryption services, 256/512-bit SHA-2 encryption services, Windows IPSec, and Database Transparent Encryption
- Active directory (LDAP) integration for single-source authentication and role assignment for authorizations
Maintain and Adapt
ARGO solutions allow users to:
- Meet changing business needs in a cost and time-effective manner utilizing widely available skill levels
- Support changes with minimal impact to existing operations
- React quickly to ever-changing regulations
ARGO supports these needs by providing organizations with:
- Versatility to configure and customize ARGO solutions through business rules, decision trees, workflow, and forms support
- Extensibility that allows for new logic, data elements, and user interface business rules to accommodate specific requirements and future version releases
- Software upgrades, enhancements, and product support for operating systems, databases, device drivers, and other third-party software (specified in maintenance agreements)
- Version release strategies that enable efficient upgrades; reducing risk and effort required in user acceptance testing, regression, security and performance testing; and promoting effective deployment of upgrades
The mission-critical nature of ARGO technology makes monitoring and controlling operating environments in real time crucial. The Early Detection Monitoring Service (EDMS) subscription service brings together ARGO’s technical support experts and embedded monitoring software infrastructure to track and support ARGO solutions. Software analytics continually monitor more than 250 key operational and performance indicators (KPIs) such as:
- Did user and system response times fall within expected tolerances?
- Did financial services customers’ Teller Payments transactions balance each day?
- What duplicate patient health records were detected for ARGO’s hospital and state health information exchange customers and were they resolved?
ARGO experts understand each solution’s normal capabilities and behavior and how they perform in comparable environments. EDMS proactively:
- Monitors ARGO application solutions in customers’ production environments to predict and reduce potential outages
- Evaluates in real time how well the ARGO application performs in each portion of the operating environment
- Uses predictive operational indicators to identify when production problems occur or when trends indicate a production issue will likely impact mission-critical operations
- Provides immediate access to diagnostic information significantly reducing resolution time and improving the operational reliability and performance of applications
- Delivers reporting and management insight, using key performance and operational metrics. The EDMS team performs aggregation, trend analysis, and peer comparative data to report on historical operations. They also help ensure optimal capacity, performance, availability, and throughput for ongoing operational reliability of the production environment.
Business workflow drives ARGO applications, enabling end users to execute tasks more efficiently. ARGO workflow automation capabilities process job tasks from initiation through completion. Benefits include:
- Automation of manual tasks with repeatable patterns
- Consistent, controlled flow of work
- Improved productivity
- Auditability and validation
- In-process visibility
- Measurement of standards and service levels
- Enhanced regulatory compliance
- Embedded document image processing
A workflow executes business rules, such as branching and assignment logic, to make decisions about performing and assigning workflow tasks. Workflow automation capabilities provide:
- Task management—Distributes tasks intelligently among teams and applies criteria to support alternate task sequencing, elimination of unnecessary or already completed tasks, and parallel completion paths where possible
- Process management—Adds new stages to a process, modifies group accountabilities, and determines exceptions based on the tasks requiring completion. Real-time modifications alter a process flow, including sequencing priorities for task completion, requiring specific individuals to complete tasks, and escalating items as needed to proceed in the process flow.
- Service level agreement (SLA) management—Measures the amount of time necessary to complete a task or process. When users do not meet SLAs, Workflow generates alerts and emails notifications. Organizations may configure Workflow to automatically assign tasks due to SLA-based criteria.
- User and group management and assignments—Define users and groups and how they receive and execute workflow tasks. Workflow then assigns tasks to individuals or group queues based on the organization’s business rules.
- Suspense management—Suspends work in process while ensuring follow-up to help case management and organization team members separate work requiring action from work on hold
- Configuration—Allows administration and configuration change based on catalysts such as market shifts, skill changes, employee hiring and turnover, and growth. This functionality supports maintenance associated with modifying a preexisting workflow, making and tracking changes, and controlling security.
- Proof-of-process audit tracking—Automatically records all actions within a given workflow. Historical data provides proof-of-process audit logs to track what actions were taken, who performed the action, why they took the action, and when the action occurred.
- Management Insight key performance indicators (KPIs)—Provide analytical reports based on historical data including workflow activity and SLA exceptions
Management Insight solutions provide enterprise-level, actionable insights into ARGO’s suite of applications. The solutions track actions in real-time for operational reporting to support tactical initiatives, and historically to support strategic decision-making. KPIs allow organizations to react quickly to changing business conditions and meet strategic goals, such as:
- Maximizing revenue potential by tracking sales performance management trends
- Exceeding customer expectations by collecting feedback and analyzing satisfaction data over time
- Streamlining internal business processes by tracking SLA compliance, filtering and drilling down into multiple dimensions of the data
- Encouraging employee learning and growth by measuring performance against benchmarks and peer averages
Management Insight features include:
- Views into each business unit and team, utilizing dynamically defined hierarchies to support decision-making at every level of the organization
- Data filters for multiple dimensions, utilizing OLAP cubes for increased performance
- Aggregated executive-level reports, providing top-level insight into key strategy initiatives supported by ARGO’s solutions
- Data visualizations optimized for user experience
- Historical trending and comparison KPIs across multiple categories
- Drill-through views with additional context and data discovery
- Drill-down capabilities for detailed insight into the underlying data
Document Image Processing
The ARGO Document Image Processing solution provides a comprehensive and automated method to remove dependencies on paper documents that traditionally supported business functionality, such as customer setup, account opening, customer and account maintenance, and loan origination and closing. Document Image Processing consists of:
- Electronic Document Generation—Automates the generation of documents for new accounts, customer and account service events, and loan application and closing documents. Configurable business rules ensure accurate data capture, aggregation, and validation.
- Electronic Document Management and Storage—Stores, retrieves, indexes, and provides views through integration with third-party electronic content management (ECM) systems
- e-Signature—Replaces hard copy documents and “wet” signatures with an electronic signing ceremony, which produces a legally binding agreement, authorization, or acknowledgement. ARGO solutions electronically manage the signing ceremony in partnership with Silanis Technology, an industry leader in e-Signature solutions. ARGO resells Silanis functionality and embeds the signing ceremony within the solution process flow to provide flexibility for in-person and remote signing ceremonies.
- Document Driven Workflow—Enables institutions to define service level agreements, ensuring processing of documents according to internal and regulatory policies within prescribed time frames. Real-time monitoring provides insight into the document life cycle at user, office, and enterprise levels.
- Management Insight and Evidentiary Review—Provides management insight into the process in areas such as adoption trends to ensure the institution’s paperless business case is achieved. Evidentiary review provides the capture, export, and review of audit and authenticity information to assist internal or external auditing; support litigation and compliance; improve quality; and prove regulatory and process compliance.
Decision-support analytics serve as key components of ARGO’s analytical technology portfolio, integrating into ARGO solutions. They enable and enhance fraud detection, loan underwriting, risk-based pricing, regulatory compliance checklists, cash forecasting, patient record identification, and patient risk management. These key analytical capabilities include:
- Multi-variate decision tree analysis—Predicts, explains, discovers, describes, or classifies outcomes. ARGO solutions include a suite of testing tools to accelerate deployment and maximize responsiveness to business environment changes.
- Machine learning—Solves many data and business problems by integrating probability theory, combinatorial optimization, search, and statistics. These drive ARGO analytical predictive and pattern recognition solutions in financial services and healthcare.
- Predictive modeling and simulations—Provide a statement about the certainty of an event, usually expressed in terms of probability. Questions business leaders may ask about their operations include, “What happened?”; “Why did it happen?”; and “What will likely happen in the future?” ARGO provides automated model testing for validation and compliance objectives.